Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tea Party Shower Invitation

Inspiration

Well it is technically Thursday morning, but this is my Wednesday post, since I’ve been awake since about 5 AM Wednesday morning.  This is a project I've been working on for a friend whose niece is getting married. My friend is hosting the bridal shower for almost 60 people(!!!!) and she asked me to make the invitations. I'm posting this before I get them all made - they are due 3/28, so you know what I'll be doing the next few days (LOL!)

Here are the parameters she gave me for the project:

  • The bride's colors are lavender, citron green, and silver
  • The shower theme is a tea party
  • They wanted to enclose a blank recipe card so each guest could bring it to the shower filled out with a favorite recipe

In choosing my materials, oddly enough I started with the ribbon! I found the silky citron green ribbon half price at the Stamp Scrap Art Tour in Mesquite, TX, in January. From there I found paper at Joann's that was as close a match to the ribbon as I would EVER thought I could find. The lavender paper is also from Joann's - it has shiny little hearts in the pattern that make it perfect for a bridal shower. I did two different card designs - I'll post the "reject" some other time. Here's the design that the hostess chose.

20110323_TeaPartyInvite_Outside

Ingredients

Note: Finished card size is 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”

Paper

Green #3 Textured Cardstock(DCWV):  5 1/2” x 11”, scored at 1”, 5 1/8”, and 9 3/8”
Green #3 Textured Cardstock(DCWV):  3 5/8” x 3/4”
Whisper White (SU!):  3” x 3”
Playful Heart Shimmer Glitter paper (Heidi Grace):  5 3/8” x 4”
Playful Heart Shimmer Glitter paper (Heidi Grace):  5 3/8” x 1 1/2”
Playful Heart Shimmer Glitter paper (Heidi Grace):  5 3/8” x 3/4”
Champagne Pearl Mettalics (Wausau):  3” x 3”
White Silver Mettalics (Wausau):  5 3/8” x 1 1/4”

Inks

Basic Gray (SU!) Lavender Lace (SU!)
Versamark (Tsukineko)

Stamps

Tea for Two (Paper Trey Ink) Tea for Two Additions(Paper Trey Ink)
Basket Full of Fun (SU!)  

Accessories

Dandelion Green Ribbon (Lasting Impressions) Bow-Easy
Tea for Two dies (Paper Trey Ink) Cuttlebug (Provo Craft)
Silver embossing powder (Sweet Stamps) Heat Gun
Edge punch (Martha Stewart) Foam Tape
Glue dots Scissors
Scor-Pal Adhesive Transfer Gun 714 (Scotch)
Markers: Lavender Lace, Sunshine Yellow, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery (SU!)
Rotary trimmer with deckle and straight blades (Fiskars)

Instructions

Base Card

Since the cardstock is 12" x 12", I was able to get 2 cards out of each sheet, 20110323_TeaPartyInvite_Trimmedjpgwith a 1" strip for extra use - like the mat for the sentiment.

After cutting and scoring the base green card, mount the purple pieces onto the three sections of the card, leaving the back panel open.

Punch the strip of silver paper along one edge, and adhere it to the underside of the the top panel.

20110323_TeaPartyInvite_InsideFold the card along the score lines. Add adhesive on the outer edges of the narrow front panel, and fold it inward. This forms the pocket to hold the recipe card.

 

 

 

 

Images

Stamp the tea party images with embossing ink on the Champagne card stock, and emboss with silver powder. Stamp the flowers in the middle of the teapot image in gray, and color the flowers with markers. Using the matching dies, cut out the teapot and teacup using the die cut machine; cut the remaining images out by hand.

Stamp sentiment for the front of the card in purple on the small white strip, and mount it on the small green paper mat.

Assembly

The assembly goes quickly at this point - arrange the tea party images on the front (except the sugar bowl), and attach with foam tape. Adhere the sugar bowl on the pocket inside the card, slightly to the right. Mount the matted sentiment on the upper flap on the front of the card. Tie a pretty green bow, and add it using a glue dot.20110323_TeaPartyInvite_Inside2

Final Notes

Inside

Now, I like to do custom greetings inside using my computer - after getting the details on the shower, I used PhotoShop to create a text box with shaded border, picked a pretty font - trying to match the purple color of course! Print/trim/paste and you're done!

Thanks for stopping by!

Coral_Purple_Sign

1 comment:

Helen said...

This card is so beautiful. I really like the style & colors. Makes me wish I had a hot cup of tea!

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin