Saturday, October 23, 2010

Christmas Bells

One Quick Note: I’ve added the capability to subscribe to my blog posts by email! Simply click the “subscribe” link in the right column.  You’ll be asked to enter your email address, and one of those crazy code words.  Then you’ll receive a verification email that you need to take care of.  That’s it!  I hope you’ll favor me with a subscription!  On to the card…

Inspiration

Every year for the last 3 years, I’ve have the wonderful opportunity to take a 3-day weekend in the fall to escape work and home and craft with friends at a local scrapbook retreat. I usually use this time to make my Christmas cards (150 or so), and play with new toys, etc. Well, this year we didn’t SC303“retreat”, but spent the weekend at my house - still a wonderful escape time! At this point, I’m only in the Christmas card design phase - not the mass production phase, so today you’ll see one of my first designs I will be considering for cards to send this year.

Today’s is the current SCS Sketch Challenge (#303) 

 

 

Here’s my card: 20101023_ChristmasBells

Ingredients

Paper

Note: finished card size is 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”

Garden Green (SU!): 4 1/4” x 11, score @ 5 1/2”; Real Red (SU!): 3” x 4”; Whisper White (SU!): scrap; Merry Moments DSP (SU!): striped pattern - 1 1/2” x 5 1/2”, design pattern - 2 1/2” x 4 1/4”; Paper Trey Stamper’s Select White Cardstock (SU!): 3” x 4”

Ink

Tuxedo Black (Memento); Garden Green (SU!)

Stamps

Holly Bells (Heartfelt Creations); Christmas Punch (SU!)

Accessories

Curvy Label punch (SU!); Classic Oval Nestabilities - small and large sets (Spellbinders; COPIC Markers: R27, R29, R46, G25, G28, B0000, 000; SPICA: Clear; Foam Dots; Scor-Pal; Fiskars trimmer with straight blade, Scissors

Instructions
Image

The bells are stamped twice, both on Paper Trey white using the Tuxedo black ink.  Using COPIC markers, I colored one image completely and then colored only the front bell with ribbon and some holly.  I covered the bells and the ribbon with the clear SPICA pen.  Then I cut out the colored bell and ribbon on the partially colored image.

The fully colored image was cut out using the largest oval of the Small Oval Nestabilities set.  Then I cut a red oval using the largest oval of the Large Oval set.  Mount the bells oval on the red oval.

I stamped the sentiment in green on the scrap of white paper, and punched it out.

Assembly

The wide printed paper panel is first, followed by the long narrow one.  The bells on the oval are mounted on the red oval, then added to the card.

I added the trimmed bell over the full image, using foam dots.  The sentiment is mounted last, also using foam dots.

Hope this kicks off the season for you - Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Unknown said...



Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u

Embedded System Projects

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin