Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tree of Hearts

Inspiration

My last Valentine for this year – this one was for my husband, Joe. 

I got the idea of cutting up the image from a sample in a Stampington Take Ten magazine, but I used my new “Grand” sized dies from Spellbinders to shape the card.  Piecing together the pieces to line up perfectly was a little tougher than I thought it would be – even with the graph paper design on the mat paper, so it’s not quite as perfect as I would have liked.  Afterward, I decided the base card and the image layer could have used some distressing – maybe sponging on some color to enhance the layers.

Fortunately, Joe never sees all the flaws I do, and he loved the card!

20110216_TreeOfHearts_Outside

 

Ingredients

Paper

Note: finished card size is about 6” x 6”

Crushed Curry (textured) (SU!) 6” x 12”, scored at 6”
Razzleberry Lemonade DSP (SU!) 6” x 6”
Whisper White (SU!) 6” x 6”

 

Ink

Early Espresso (SU!)

Stamps

Grow in Unity (Unity)

Inspiration

Grand Label One dies (Spellbinders); Grand Calibur (Spellbinders); 1/16” hole punch; Heart brads (Spare Parts); SPICA glitter pen – garnet (Imagination International); Foam Tape; Scor-Pal; Adhesive Transfer Glider 714 (Scotch); Rotary trimmer with straight blade (Fiskars); Scissors

Instructions

Base Card

To create the base card, position the 6” grand die on the scored, folded card base so that the Tape on Diefold is just inside the blade of the die.  I found it to be a little tricky, so I used a couple of small pieces of tape to hold the cardstock in place as it goes through the die cutter.

Then I added the cardstock positioning it carefully and pressing the tape down.Cardstock on Die

Now, it’s ready to run through the Grand Calibur to cut the card out.  The folded edge should be intact.

 

Cut the mat from the designer paper using the next smaller die, and a white panel using the next smaller die.

Image

Ink the tree image stamp with the brown ink, and stamp it on the white panel.  Then color over the entire tree with the glitter pen.

Using the paper trimmer, cut image panel into 16 pieces – about 1 1/8” x 1 1/8” squares.

Then, using the small hole punch and the heart brads, randomly place hearts in the limbs of the tree.

Assembly

Mount the designer paper on the base card. The using foam tape adhere the image pieces to the designer mat. 20110216_TreeOfHearts_Inside

Final Notes

Inside

For this card, I used the same paper stack inside the card.

I stamped the “love you” sentiment (Big Spring by SU!) in brown, and colored in the letters using a Rose Star Gelly Roll pen (Sakura).  I added a bigger heart brad in the middle of the heart in the word.

The valentine greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set in Melon Mambo ink (both SU! products).

Thanks for stopping by!

RedSignature

4 comments:

a simple offering said...

I love this card, Lisa, the stamps, the shapes, the design. Nice one for Joe.

I just joined an online stamping group, kind of laid back so I am going to attempt to do some stamping again.

I need something to do with the kids gone and Lee working so much. Didn't know it would be so hard at times to have no one to need you. :) It's a strange feeling.

Faik said...

Libya yurtdışı kargo
Liberya yurtdışı kargo
Lesotho yurtdışı kargo
Laos yurtdışı kargo
Kuzey Marina Adaları yurtdışı kargo

THPRU

Agah said...

Kuzey İrlanda yurtdışı kargo
Kuveyt yurtdışı kargo
Kosta Rika yurtdışı kargo
Kosraey yurtdışı kargo
Güney Kore yurtdışı kargo

XDS3P

Rafet said...

Kongo Halk Cumhuriyeti yurtdışı kargo
Kongo yurtdışı kargo
Komora yurtdışı kargo
Kolombiya yurtdışı kargo
Kiribati yurtdışı kargo

1K6

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin