Sunday, May 1, 2011

Invitation to High Tea

Something New

I’ve had a few requests to see a gallery of my cards, so I’ve added a gallery page here on my blog with a slideshow of card photos.  I’ll be added to the gallery over time, including some cards I made a long time ago, but have never blogged.  Hope you’ll check it out, and let me know what you think.  Now for today’s card.

Inspiration

It seems tea parties are the theme of choice for wedding showers – I’ve had two orders for wedding shower invites this year – both were for tea parties.  This one is a little more formal than the first – the shower is a small gathering for High Tea.  Here’s the design.

Tea Party Invite

Ingredients

Note: Finished Card Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (A2 size)

Paper

Blush Blossom (SU!) 4 1/4” x 11”, scored at 5 1/2”
I Do Hydrangeas
Patterned Paper (American Crafts)
4 1/4” x 5”
Sage Shadow (SU!) 1/2” x 3 5/8”, and
4" x 4 1/4"
Whisper White (SU!) 3/8” x  3 1/2”

Inks

Memento London Fog (Tsukineko)
Sage Shadow (SU!)

Stamps

Floral Tea (Mark's Finest Papers)
Tea for Two Additions (Papertrey Ink)

Accessories

Edge punch (EK Success)
Glossy White Acrylic Paint (PLAID)
Small paint brush
Labels 10 Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Grand Calibur (Spellbinders)
Ribbon (Mark's Finest Papers)
Bow-Easy
Markers – Sage Shadow, Blush Blossom (SU!)
Corner Rounder Punch (SU!)
Glue dots
Scissors
Scor-Pal
ATG 714 (Scotch)
Craft knife (Xacto)
Rotary Trimmer (Fiskars)

Instructions

Base Card

Score and fold the base card.  Use the corner-rounder punch to round the two corners on the folded edge of the card.

Use the edge punch to punch across both the front and back of the open end of the card.  I punched both at the same time so the edges line up.  Using the white acrylic paint and paint brush, paint the edge of the card just to where the embossed pattern from the punch starts.  Paint the edge on the inside of the card, too.  Set aside to dry.

Images & Sentiment

Stamp the teapot and the cup on white paper, using the gray ink.  Use the SU markers in matching colors to color the flower and leaves on the stamped images.  Carefully cut out both images. While I always use scissors to do the majority of detailed cutting, I used a craft knife to get the open space started inside the handles of both images, and finished up with tiny snips of the scissors.

Assembly

Cut a "placemat" from the patterned paper, using the Label 10 die. Mount it on the upper portion of the card front.  Add the teapot and cup, leaving space in the upper left corner of the mat.

Tie a bow and attach it using glue dots.

Add the sentiment below the mat.

Final Notes

Inside the card, I created another mat, using the solid sage-colored cardstock.  I punched the four corners of the mat to continue the theme, and mounted it inside.

Then, I printed the details in gray for the invitation on white cardstock, and cut it to fit.  I rounded the corners on this piece, as well and added it on top of the green mat.

Thanks for stopping by!

Blue_Orange

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful invitation. The colors are so soft and girlie, and the teapot and cup are lovely. I love that edge punch, I will be needing that one. I'm such a tool junkie.

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin