Friday, February 6, 2009

Valentine Countdown: Day 6

   
  Inspiration
Here is a simple card that can really WOW the recipient – and there is NO 20080204_MetalHearts_Valentinestamping!  Of course you can always add a sincere sentiment inside the card.  I made this a few days after I got my Cuttlebug two years ago – a Valentine for my DH.  On this one I kept the mat simple – white with a floral embossed pattern.  Then I embossed a thin metal sheet with same pattern, and cut the hearts after the embossing.  I really like the effect – let me know what you think!
Ingredients
CARDSTOCK: Base: Real Red (SU!); Mat: Whisper White (SU!)
ACCESSORIES: Cuttlebug (Provo Craft), Embossing folder – Stylized flowers (Provo Craft); stainless craft metal (ArtEmboss); silver cord (unknown); heart template; scissors; foam mount (3M); double-sided tape (Scotch)
Instructions
BASE CARD:  Cut a piece of red cardstock to measure 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, and score it in the middle at 4 1/4”.
HORIZONTAL MAT: Cut a white layer measuring 5 1/4” by 4”. Place the paper in the embossing folder, and run it once through the Cuttlebug.
HEARTS: Cut a piece of craft metal measuring 5 1/4” by 4”. Trace the heart template on one side of the metal 3 times.  Place the metal in the embossing folder with the traced hearts facing up, and run it once through the Cuttlebug.  Using scissors, cut the hearts from the metal.
ASSEMBLY: Fold the base card on the scored line; this card opens vertically – the scored fold goes at the top of the card. 
Wrap the silver cord around the mat 2 or 3 times.  Use tape to hold it in place on the back and where it crosses on the front (the heart will cover up the tape on the front.  Then adhere the white mat to the base.  Add the hearts mounted with foam mount and you’re done!
Thanks for stopping by & be sure to check back each day for a new Valentine!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this card! Very elegant and not fussy.

EzySetup said...

“Simplicity and repose are the qualities that measure the true value of any work of art.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

I couldn't have said it better myself :-}
- Drew

Belle said...

The embossed effects is what makes this card outstanding. Really a great card to give that special guy in ones life!

Anonymous said...

Great card!

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin