Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Thanks

Inspiration

Good morning!  I’m late posting my mid-week card – yesterday was my last day at work for 2010(yea!!!) and I had lots to do to make sure I don’t have to worry much about work for the next 10 days.  So I’m starting my holiday week with my blog post.

Unfortunately, I’ve been late on all sorts of things this season – I only sent my birthday thank you cards this week with my late Christmas cards.  So my birthday thank you’s have a Christmas-y feel:

Blog_20101223_HolidayThanks

Ingredients

Paper

Note: finished card size is 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”

Ruby Red (SU!)

5 1/2” x 8.25”, score at 4 1/4”

Hunter Green (SU!)

3 1/2” x 4 1/2”

Stampers Select White (Paper Trey)

a) 2 1/2” x 4”
b) small scrap

Ink

Ruby Red (SU!), Tuxedo Black (Memento)

Stamps

Mademoiselle Noel (Penny Black); Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU!) 

Accessories

COPIC Markers (Imagination International); Plain Oval Nestabilities die (Spellbinders); Cuttlebug (Provo Craft); Oval punch (SU!); Polar White Flower Soft (flower-soft.com); Flower Soft glue (flower-soft.com); Scor-Pal; Adhesive Transfer Gun 714 (Scotch); Rotary trimmer with straight blade (Fiskars); Scissors

Instructions

Images

Stamp the sentiment on a small scrap of white paper in red, and punch it out using the oval punch.

Stamp the image on the white panel in black, and color with COPICs.  Here’s the colors I used:

  • Hat/Dress/Boots: R21, R24, R27
  • Skin: E000, E00
  • Hair: Y02, Y08
  • Flowers: YR15, G28

Spread glue on the trim areas of the skirt and hat, and sprinkle on the Flower Soft, and press to set.  Let dry.

Assembly

Run the green panel through the die cutter with the Oval Nestabilities die.

Mount the green oval positioned to the upper left on the front panel of the base red card. Add the sentiment at the top of the oval.

Mount the image panel positioned in the lower left of the card.

Final Notes

Grateful

I want to express my thanks to all who have left comments on my work over the past few months – I really enjoy hearing from you all.  Blogging is a funny thing – you spend time writing and send your creation out in the web, and hope someone will respond.  It is so nice when you get a comment on your efforts.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Thanks for stopping by.
BlueSignature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin