Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Precious Gifts

Inspiration

I’m celebrating a friend’s birthday this week early, along with a late celebration for my birthday – we have the last 2 birthdays of the year in our circle of “diva'” friends - she is the youngest of my circle of girl friends and I’m the oldest!  This card celebrates our friendship.

I started with the Splitcoast “Fan Club” monthly sketch challenge, and picked stamps and Nestabilities I haven’t used much, and this is the result:

Blog_20101208_PreciousGifts

Ingredients

Paper

Note: finished card size is 5” x 7”

Bravo Burgundy (SU!)

a) 7” x 10”, score at 5”
b) small scrap, about 5/8” x 2 5/8”

So Saffron (SU!)

4” x 4”

Parisian Summer DSP (SU!)

4 1/4” x 7”

Very Vanilla (SU!) a) 3” x 3”
b) small scrap about 1/2” x 2 1/2”

Ink

Bravo Burgundy (SU!)

Stamps

Friendship Set (JustRite Stampers); Birthday Centers (Cornish Heritage Farms)

Accessories

Markers: Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, Mellow Moss (SU!); SPICA Glitter pens: Garnet, Yellow, Pink (Imagination International); Nestabilities: Labels Ten, Eyelet Circles, and Plain Circles (Spellbinders); Cuttlebug (Provo Craft); Bow-Easy; Grosgrain Ribbon (SU!); Scor-Pal; Adhesive Transfer Gun 714 (Scotch); Foam tape; Glue dots; Rotary trimmer with straight blade (Fiskars); Scissors

Instructions

Image

Cheers Sentiment:  Stamp the saying in burgundy on the small scrap of vanilla paper, and mount it on the small burgundy strip.

Precious Gifts Sentiment: Stamp the image in burgundy on the larger piece of vanilla paper, then cut it out using the plain circle Nestabilities die.  Color the image with the dye markers, and accent with the glitter pens.

Friendship Sentiment: Stamp the image in burgundy on the yellow cardstock, then cut it out with the largest Eyelet Circle die.  Run it through the die cutter twice – once to cut, and once to emboss.

Assembly

Run the patterned paper through the die cutter using the largest Labels Ten die.  Mount it slightly toward the top of the front of the base card.

Mount the yellow die cut using foam tape over the bottom portion of the label die cut.  Add the image on the vanilla circle to the center using foam tape.

Mount the cheers sentiment above the yellow, then tie your bow with the yellow ribbon, and mount it near the top of the label using glue dots.  All done!

Final Notes

Inside

I cut another patterned paper large Label Ten, then the next smaller size Label Ten die out of vanilla.  I stamped a sentiment in burgundy on the vanilla and layered then in the center of the inside panel.

Just a Note

I’m posting this a little early because my schedule is changing a bit – I’ve enrolled in a “Web Master Certification” course, and my classes are Monday-Wednesday-Friday, so I’m posting this on Tuesday.  I’ll still post twice a week, and try to keep it to Sunday/Wednesday, but there may be some variations depending on homework, etc.  Hopefully, you’ll eventually see a brand new blog and website as I learn more about Web design and coding!!!

Thanks for stopping by.

BlueSignature

2 comments:

Helen said...

Another winner! Thanks for the inspiration. Let me know how the web class is going - sounds like fun!

Lisa Lynne said...

Thanks, Helen. Right now the challenge is to figure out how to do everything I WANT to do!!!

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin