Sunday, September 4, 2011

Make A Wish

Inspiration

I really like working from a sketch, and often when I'm "stuck", I'll look through card sketches - there are LOTS of places to find them. I needed a simple card suitable to send to men - I have several male friends with birthdays in September, and none of them know each other (LOL!) so I could make several of the same one to send out.

This card is based on one from the book "Cardmaker's Sketchbook Birthday Celebration". A sketch is always a starting point - this sketch was for a 4" x 9" card with a circle in the middle with the edges of the circle cut off, but I've sized it to a 4 1/2" x 6" and used a full oval. My own design, with inspiration from the sketch.

Make A Wish

Ingredients

Note: Finished card size is 4 1/2" x 6"

Paper

Tempting Turquoise (SU!)6" x 9"; scored at 4 1/2, and
1 1/2" x 6", and
4" x 5"
Island Blossoms DSP (SU!)4 3/8" x 5 7/8"
Certainly Celery (SU!)1 3/8" x 6", and
4" x 5"

Inks

Tempting Turquoise (SU!)

Stamps

Birthday Centers (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Candle Crazy (SU!)

Accessories

Big Shot Pro (Sizzix)
Classic Ovals - Scalloped - Large (Spellbinders)
Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
ATG (Scotch)
Scor-Pal
Rotary Trimmer

Instructions

Candles

Stamp the candles in blue ink on the green strip of paper. (I will tell you that I don't use the "wheel" stamps anymore - I pull the rubber off the wheel, and use Ez-Mount to make cling stamps from them. I ink them with a regular stamp pad, and use a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get the stamps lined up straight. I find that much less stressful than trying to run the wheel straight across the paper...)

Mount the green strip onto the blue strip of paper.

SENTIMENT

Cut/emboss a blue oval using the largest die, and a green oval using the next sized die. Using blue ink, stamp a sentiment in the upper and lower portions of the green oval. I placed the candle strip across the oval to get an idea of where to stamp, and used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to stamp the greetings where I wanted them.

ASSEMBLY

Mount the patterned paper onto card front, followed by the blue oval, then the green oval. Finish up with the candle strip across the middle of card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Blue_Orange

1 comment:

Helen said...

Wonderful card - really like the color scheme!

Post a Comment

Your kind comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin